Sunday 15 July 2012

The continuing epic of the heartilly sweater

Its done! YIPIEE!!!! I finally finished it a few days ago and after trying it on, and doing some minor alterations (and some very unflattering photos of me wearing it) its ready and perfect! I strayed a little from diligently recording what I was doing as I was doing it and I feel its a little daft to test knit this pattern again, so I think this is a pattern I will pass on sharing. Its likely fraught with errors anyway.
I will however share photos when I wear it to the convention in August. I also decided to supplement the sweater with a crocheted, practical little shoulder bag with my leftover blue yarn which I will likely share the pattern for.

Since completing the (previously considered to be) never-ending  sweater, I find I just can't stick to one project. I seem to be suffering from a touch of the knitting/crocheting ADD again, and just can't seem to pick it up again.
I recently started on a pair of honeycomb mittens for local children through my LYS, but making mittens makes me think of winter and that makes me depressed. I still have a shrug on the go, but I have to backtrack and pick up a stitch, so it stays unfinished for now. I started to crochet another bag, this one of Full Metal Alchemist theme, but I really don't think that I should start on something else right now. Besides I still have a white mokona without any ears or limbs that I still have to finish up as well!
I guess this is what happens when I spend more time at my sewing machine than my knitting needles, but oh well. Sometimes a change up is good; just not in the middle of so many unfinished projects I suppose.

Well for now I hope that I can get back to at least the shrug and stick with it, it'll be nice to use right now, so I'm going to tell myself to tough it out regardless!
Cheers,
Berlynn, the knitting (and otherwise crafty) gypsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment