Friday 27 July 2012

ARGH! SCRAPS!!!!!

So I was cleaning up my stash the other day (never a good thing for a knitter to say!) and besides realizing that I had too many half balls, or hideous brown fuzzballs that have been donated to my knitting cause ( I found one that might be dog hair. Which is a little creepy because I don't have a dog!). So after tossing the tangles in the trash and putting some of the smaller skeins in the yard sale pile (which wasn't many) I was left with these 20 or so odd balls with varying colours and sizes. Now the problem of what to do with them?
I've already made a scrap wrap with my smallest leftovers and have made far too many scrappy scarves than I could possibly use. I suppose I could make more toys, especially since I'm teaching a workshop at the Peterborough Public library the end of November on them (YAY! I never thought I would ever be able to teach anyone anything and here I am leading a workshop! WOOT!) So I guess for right now I should be accumulating a list of toys to work on using my odd balls. It could work, but then there is the ever-looming paranoia that I'll run out of a colour... meh, I suppose for some of them it doesn't really matter what colour they are! So here goes nothing, Rainbow elephants and purple frogs here I come!
(Sigh* I really have to get out more!)
Cheers,
Berlynn The Knitting Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment