Saturday 16 June 2012

Happy WWKIP day!

What an awesome event this was! Every knitter in the city of Peterborough came out to knit in the sunshine and get a tan (or burn as is my ritual now for 2 years in a row.). I went to help out The Pridie Collection with carrying supplies and also to show off Mokona the Sequel (a white one), which was well near done for the torso. I would have brought the Heartilly sweater, but it was way too much to deal with. However, I'm proud to update that it now has the starting of armholes! HOORAY for being in the home stretch! Also proof that I can stick to one large project and see it through (curse you knitting A.D.D!) Anyways, there was so much to see and so much yarn to resist the urge to buy (*drools* Indigodragonfly silk and cashmere), which was a real test of my willpower as a recovering Shopoholic. I was really amazed by the turnout which was not limited to just knitters, but to every facet of the fibre arts there could possibly be.
I saw someone working a drop spindle, there were machine knitters and crocheters. It was awesome!
Now, hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be able to post the Mokona pattern soon, I was planning on doing it this weekend, but my laptop has decided to go comatose on me and I doubt its ever going to snap out of it. Its had a good run, but I really hope I can recover my files. I had some really amazing short stories on there that in hindsight I probably should have backed up. But as my Grandpa used to say "If foresight was as good as hindsight we'd be better off by a damned sight." and I've learned my lesson well.
So, now its back to deciphering my chicken scratch to bring the Mokona to you.
Cheers
Berlynn The Knitting Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment