Sunday 20 March 2011

confessions of a shopaholic

Hello, my name is Berlynn and I'm a shopaholic. I`ve gotten so bad with buying knitting stuff that its starting to get ugly. First i was buying crazy amounts of random yarns just for the love of the colour of it, even going so far as picking up a 28 dollar ball of Indigo Dragonfly with no clue what to do with it. I swore off yarn for awhile and then transferred my obsessive compulsive shopping habits to needles. When I came out of the knitting closet in November I owned 4 sets of needles; 5mm metal, 8mm plastic, 12mm plastic and a 5mm pair of 60`` circs. also plastic. Then it grew to 2 pairs of metal circs, then a pair of 6mm bamboo, now I`ve raided the good ol`second hand store up the road of 3 pairs of metal needles and a bag to keep them all in. And then I knew the habit was getting out of control when I bought a pair of Surina wood needles and some nickel/brass speed circs on my credit card on line and considered buying some Harmony wood circs just because they are pretty to look at.
EEK! I`ve got to slow down! Okay, no more knitting merch until I finish the 4 projects I have on the go... well maybe at least 2 of them.
The blanket is coming along steadily and I know I have to finish the shawl, which the yolk is about half way, so maybe after that when I go to toronto I`ll get my Brittany Birch and Russian Hand painted Peacefleece needles... and then my Chiao goos from cropcircles in various sizes!!!
Oh my god I have a problem.... okay 1 pair of chiao goos... really small ones. then I`ll retire the credit card for awhile.....

No comments:

Post a Comment