Monday 27 June 2011

the gamer quilt!

A few months back (actually when I was battling flu in April) I came up with this idea to make some intarsia swatches of video game theme and stitch them together to make a quilt for my husband. I've decided to make 1 design a month because I've got so many other projects on the go, but I may increase the number as I go.
My first two months swatches were a process of trial and error, but after making June's swatch I think I've got this intarsia thing mastered! So here's what I've done so far and the designs in the plan (photos will be included as I finish them):
April: The legend of Zelda Triforce
As you can tell it came out a little wonky and squished on the bottom, but its not bad for a first try with someone else's graphing.
May: Final fantasy Chocobo
This was my first try graphing myself and even though its really tiny its really cute!

June: Super Mario Red Mushroom
This one turned out absolutely perfect! It was a busier pattern, but after doubling the stitches both vertically and horizontally (4 sts for 1 sq. of graph.) it fit perfectly in the square and looked fantastic!
July:Super Mario Fireflower (starting it on Wednesday)
August: Legend of zelda Link
September: Final fantasy Black mage
October: Super mario Mario himself!
November: Super mario item box
December: super mario Star power!
January: Final fantasy red mage
February: Final fantasy warrior
March: Super Mario Yoshi
And so on... hopefully I can get more of these done than one a month or else I'm going to be working on this forever. Maybe I should double it up to do two a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment